- We had the biggest turnout ever at the Trimester-end Party on Sunday evening! We estimate that 175 Hispanics from the neighborhood and American volunteers gathered to celebrate the kids and adult ESL students that finished the summer term. The tables were decorated with world globes and flags from various Latin American countries. Jarrett's message was about God of the Nations, who will receive the eternal praise of all people.
- Guadalupe received the "Top Student Award" at the party. This summer she completed her fifth and final trimester of Mission Adelante ESL classes. As a reward, she received a $100 scholarship to continue studying English at a community college.
- Now that the summer term has concluded, we're looking forward to the fall trimester which begins with student registration on September 11. Classes and Kids Adelante commence September 18.
- Christ Community Church held a school supply drive to benefit the kids in Kids Adelante. Thanks in great part to their effort, we gave new backpacks filled with school supplies to 39 kids.
- A student that just finished ESL level 1 is going through a divorce and is at risk of domestic violence. Please pray for her safety and that she'll maintain her connection to the ministry.
- Pray for Molly Merrick as she begins raising funds and transitions into full-time ministry with Mission Adelante.
- There has been an overwhelming response to the opening of the Resource Center, and the majority of the items we had on hand have been taken! We're thrilled to be able to distribute resources to people who need them, and we need to restock! If you're interesting in organizing a resource drive at your church, small group, workplace, etc., please contact Seth at 913-568-9280 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find a complete list of requested items to stock the Resource Center, click http://www.missionadelante.org/opportunity.html and look under the “Resource Center” section.
- English and Spanish children's books. We'll distribute as many of them as we can through the Resource Center, and donate any that remain to M.E. Pearson Elementary School.
- Saturday, September 6 at The Mission: New Volunteer Training and Orientation
- Monday, September 15 at The Mission: All-Volunteer Meeting
- Thursday, September 18: Launch of fall trimester