by Kristen Allen, Director of Community Development
On Saturday, July 20, 2013, Adelante Business Coaching launched with a Business as Mission workshop presented by Rudy Carrasco of Partners Worldwide. Thirty-five men and women came to listen, learn, and dialogue about partnering to foster business development to transform the community. We see God stirring the hearts of men and women to use their experience and skills in relationship with other entrepreneurs to expand job opportunities and His Kingdom.
If there is one word that could sum up Rudy’s Business as Mission presentation it is “partnership”. God created us for relationship with Him and each other. We can partner together to do great things for Him and this includes partnership in business.
Adelante Business Coaching promotes and supports the development of immigrant and refugee owned businesses in our community. One of our key strategies for this ministry is partnership with immigrant and refugee entrepreneurs in mentor relationships to share experience and help encourage enterprise development. Men and women on both sides of the mentor relationship will share wisdom, experience, encouragement, and accountability. In true partnership, we all have something to give and we all have something to gain.
We’ve shared the story of
and know there are more success stories to be told in our community. As Adelante Business Coaching continues mentoring businesses and expands to offer training and further develop a network for collaboration and advocacy between community organizations, business owners, and potential entrepreneurs, we are excited to see individual transformation become community transformation.
- Jasmin and Cesar, Latino house church members, moved back to Kansas City last week after spending a year in Texas. We were overjoyed to see them join us at house church.
- Jason Schoff joined two of our local partner ministries for a meeting in Washington, D.C. with Evangelical Pastors and Leaders who are advocates on behalf of immigration reform as part of the Evangelical Immigration Table .
- Please pray for a refugee-owned business in the community who has been working with Adelante Business Coaching on a new business plan. They will soon submit information to the bank as they seek a loan to purchase a new location and expand their business.
- The Adelante Business Coaching team had a great strategic planning session with Rudy Carrasco. Please pray that this ministry continues to follow God’s calling for community development as they move forward with the plans for the rest of this year.
- Please pray for the Adelante Thrift team as they continue to work through the site selection process for the thrift store.
- We are looking for a volunteer or volunteers to trim a tree away from the blue house so we can move forward with roof construction. Please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
- The Kids Adelante ministry needs an ipod with a long battery life.. We would use it multiple times each week and would be so grateful to receive one. Please contact Meganmeganm@missionadelante.org if you are interested.
- Looking for an intentional way to impact the future leaders of our community? Our LIT program (Leaders in Training, after-school tutoring program) is currently seeking mentors for the fall. Please contact Megan at email@example.com you would like more info.
Summer Parties are
at Wyandotte County Lake Park, 91st and Leavenworth Road, Kansas City, KS 66109. After entering the park, you'll come to a fork in the road;
- The Latino party begins at 3:00 with an informal time to socialize, followed by a pot-luck meal at 4:45 and program at 6:00. It will be in the "Beach Shelter." Turn right after passing shelter #6.
- The Bhutanese party begins at 4:00 in shelter #6.