Written by Yanelis Lopez, Ministry Director
Each year-end at Mission Adelante we have a time to process the current year and dream and plan for the coming year. Last weekend our Ministry Community Staff had time to evaluate and celebrate 2017 and work hard towards 2018.
I enjoy many things in my work, and being surrounded by friends who dream and work hard everyday to better serve the community is one of them. The three representative cultures of our staff greatly enrich the team: U.S., Nepal, and Cuba. We have been able to experience the challenges of diversity but, at the same time, the power of God to use our differences to teach us more about Himself and push us to grow in love from the deepest places of our hearts.
Next year we will be starting our Art and Music program, and we will continue improving our Kids, Teens, and ESL programs for all the cultures that live in KCK. And we long to see new groups of disciples from different cultures born. I invite you to please join in prayer with us and be a part of what God is doing through Mission Adelante. The miracles we see and enjoy are not possible without your support in prayer and in many other ways.
- Help us finish 2017 strong! Volunteer with your family, small group, or business at Adelante Thrift. For more information or to sign up, go to www.adelantethrift.com/volunteer/ .
- Do you have a gently-used keyboard or acoustic guitar that you're not using? Adelante Arts Community needs it! We are in need of two keyboards and three acoustic guitars for our new program. Please email Gissell Vazquez at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to donate an instrument.
- Are you interested in combining your love of the arts and disciple-making? Mission Adelante is launching Adelante Arts Community in January 2018 and is looking for volunteers to help! Visit www.missionadelante.org/arts for more information.
- Our Leaders In Training program is in need of volunteers! For more information or if you are interested in volunteering, please visit our website at www.missionadelante.org/kids.
- You’re invited to the Mission Adelante Thanksgiving Open House November 11th from 2:30-6:30pm. Stop by and enjoy a relaxed afternoon at the Meeks’ home meeting members of the Mission Adelante staff and community, celebrating culture, and giving thanks for God’s faithfulness.