This Sunday will be the culmination of our summer trimester at Mission Adelante. Our Latino, Bhutanese, and North American friends will join together to celebrate, not only the end of another trimester but also a celebration of what God has done at Mission Adelante over the past 11 years. At the party, we will celebrate all of our core values; love for neighbor, developing leaders, interdependent relationships, prayer, celebrating culture, partnership, and innovation as we show appreciation to our students, volunteers, church and community partners, and, of course, God. (Learn more about our vision, mission, and core values at www.missionadelante.org/vision.
Here are a few highlights of our past 11 years at Mission Adelante.
- 2005 - Mission Adelante incorporates and launches its first ESL class and Kids Adelante with Latino immigrants.
- 2006 - Our first friends receive Christ, our first Bible study is launched, ESL expands, apprenticeship begins.
- 2007 - Expansion of ESL, Kids Adelante, Bible studies, Manos ministry, monthly worship services launch, moved to current location at 22 S 18th St
- 2008 - Leaders in Training program begins, our first ministry apprentice graduates and prepares to deploy to the mission field in Costa Rica, Paid off building mortgage - WE’RE DEBT FREE!
- 2009 - Hired full-time Latino kids ministry director, growth in kids’ ministry.
- 2010 - Launch of Bhutanese ministries (ESL & Kids Club), extension project to Cuba initiated, Latino teen’s ministry launched. Building renovation completed.
- 2011 - Bhutanese teen ministry launched, first Bhutanese house churches started, Staff/Volunteer trips to Cuba and Nepal.
- 2012 - 2013 - Launched Community Development ministry, internship for 4 Latino teens, significant shift toward mobilizing multicultural leadership, first staff intern hired from immigrant community, Bhutanese Leaders in Training program is launched.
- 2014 - Community Development leadership pursues plans to open a thrift store in the neighborhood and begins research and planning towards future community development initiatives.
- 2015 - Adelante Thrift opens to the public, Latino Ministry ministry is led by its first director from Latin America. The Bhutanese Middle School Leaders in Training program is launched. English Ministry community is launched, Renovations on the Lighthouse completed
- 2016 - Launched Leadership Community, our first multi-cultural discipleship program that incorporates leaders from our Latino, Bhutanese, and English-Speaking ministries.
Come celebrate with us! The party will be Sunday August 7, 4 pm to 8 pm. at Wyandotte County Lake, Leavenworth Road & 91st St. Kansas City, Kansas 66109. Parking will be at the Marina Parking lot, with shuttle service to the party at Shelter #6.
- Invite friends and family
- Bring food and drinks to share and chairs or blankets to sit on
- Enjoy live cultural performances (Nepali, English and Spanish)
- Parking at Marina parking lot (follow signs 3 minutes past shelter 6 and ride bus back to party)