Attention all volunteers! You're invited to be a part of community transformation by participating in the first ever, "Stock the Store Summer" at Adelante Thrift! Our warehouse is bursting at the seams, but demand is so high at our store that we can't keep enough merchandise on the shelves! From day one customers have loved Adelante Thrift for it's customer service, clean and spacious environment, and quality products. Our customer base is outstanding already and we're exceeding our sales projections for the first two months, but to reach our community development goals, we need more volunteers to help us move merchandise "from bag to rack" and keep our shelves stocked and well-organized.
This summer we are praying for and working hard to involve individuals and groups from across the city in fun and easy volunteer opportunities that are part of transforming our community! Serve times are available Monday through Saturday and even some evenings each week. Visit www.adelantethrift.com/volunteer to sign up as an individual or group and we'll follow up to schedule a time that works for you!
- White t-shirts in adult sizes small-large for an upcoming Bhutanese Teens ministry event. If you are able to provide some please contact Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers to serve weekly during our summer trimester, between the week of June 1 and the week of August 3.
- Tuesday evenings:
- Kids Club: 3 volunteers
- High-school Teens Club: 2-4 mentors--get to know the teens at events throughout the summer with the intention of forming relationships for discipleship this fall and beyond.
- One regular shuttle driver and one substitute driver (No CDL required!)
- Thursday evenings:
- Kids Adelante: 3 volunteers
- Tuesday evenings:
- A male mentor to co-lead a Bhutanese Kids Club group made up of 5th-6th grade boys this summer and into the fall trimester. We are hoping to fill this position with someone who would stay through the fall and transition to Middle School with the group. For more information, contact Kristen Maxwell at email@example.com.
- Containers to organize and store books and staple food bags in our Resource Center as they await distribution. Specifically, we're looking for 13" by 15" filing crates for the books, and 19 gallon locking storage totes for the food baskets. Please e-mail Molly M. at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or if you can help.
- Volunteer Training: Saturday, May 30, 9:00-1:00
- All Volunteer Huddle & Dessert: Monday, June 1, 6:30 p.m. We encourage everyone that will be volunteering with us during our Summer trimester to attend so we can prepare for a great launch!
- Summer trimester programs launch: Week of June 1