General Fund Needs for 2009 ($108,000—to be covered by year-end and monthly contributions shown below) Our general fund covers everything from compensation for Jarrett Meek (Executive Director) and Morgan Ham (Executive Assistant) to strategic programs like ESL, Kids Adelante, Leaders In Training, Community-Building Events and Disciple-Making, as well as office supplies, equipment, utilities and other expenses.
- Year-End Giving Goal: $25,000. We are praying that God would launch us into 2009 by providing a significant portion of our funding in year-end gifts. To meet this goal we know that God will need to move and many people will need to answer His call by giving sacrificially.
- Monthly Contributions: $6916/mo. Whether your monthly amount is big or small, those of you who contribute to our ministry on a recurring or monthly basis are the backbone of our financial support. We are SO thankful for you and we need you! Of the $6916 we need each month to run our ministry, we currently have about $5217 in monthly commitments. That means we are about $1700 short each month. Some of you who currently give may be in a situation to increase your monthly amount. But, we are especially asking God to bring 15 new donors on board this year who give in the $25-$200/month range.
Staff Support Needs: Mission Adelante uses a missionary model of fundraising to cover expenses for Ministry Staff. Each Ministry Staff member must raise support funds to cover the amount of his/her salary, payroll taxes, benefits, and a small percentage of the overall ministry budget. Year-end giving provides an important boost to Ministry Staff support accounts that makes up the difference when monthly support commitments are low. Please consider making a year-end contribution to support our staff funding needs. You can include a note to designate your contribution in the following ways:
- To support the ministry of Jason and Megan Schoff (Jason is our ESL Director)
- To support the ministry of Molly Merrick (Molly is raising funds to begin as a Ministry Aide)
- To support the ministry of Megan McDermott (Megan is raising funds to begin as our Director of Kids Adelante)
Again, thank you for your support! I look forward to this next ministry year and to keeping you informed about how God is working among Hispanic immigrants in Kansas City.
In His Grace,
In other news:
- Thanks to Christ Community Church in Leawood, First Presbyterian Church in Manhattan, KS, and a local Girl Scout chapter, our Resource Center is completely stocked with winter coats and accessories. We're so glad to be able to make them available to people who need them!
- Mission Adelante staff and volunteers enjoyed a break for Thanksgiving last week, and we're anticipating resuming ESL classes and Kids Adelante this Thursday, December 4.
- Mayra is a member of our faith community. Her teenage son broke his foot in a motorcycle accident last week and will need surgery this week. Please pray for his quick recovery and for God's provision for the cost of the surgery.
- Mission Adelante's Board of Directors will meet this Sunday to approve 2009 goals and budget. Please pray for their decisions to be made with wisdom for the sake of God's glory.
- El Equipo de Crecimiento Espiritual (The Spiritual Growth Team), made up of Anglos and Hispanics from our faith community, are preparing to kick off another round of discipleship beginning in the new year. Please pray for high enthusiasm and momentum among participants.
- A hot water heater for the Mission Adelante facility
- Baby formula to make available in the Resource Center (please check the expiration date on the containers.)
Important upcoming dates:
- Saturday, December 13 @ 5:30: Trimester-end/Christmas Party at Bethany Community Center (12th Street & Central Avenue, KCK). Everyone is invited! Please invite anyone you know who is interested in learning more about Mission Adelante or possibly volunteering in the future!
- Saturday, January 10: New Volunteer Orientation & Training at The Mission