By Edgar Soriano, Ministry Intern
This has been a great summer! Our second internship for teens from our own neighborhood has been an amazing experience for each of them. They have done so many things that have helped them grow closer to God. They've gotten the chance to see the other side of ministry and have loved and enjoyed doing it.
The first month of the internship was filled with kids camps, where they played with the kids and helped lead small groups. They've also been focused on discipling other teens from our community by living life and sharing Jesus with them. They organize social activities for the teens like playing soccer, going to a movie, going bowling, and other fun things that help them share life. We are getting close to the end of the internship but the interns are better then ever. We are so proud of them for the great leaders they're becoming. They have learned and grown so much this year, and we and hope to see all of them back next year.
- Leaders in Training, our after-school leadership development and tutoring program, is getting excited about technology! We are currently looking for tablets that are in new, or very good condition to be used for learning activities during the 2014-2015 school year. If you have one you would like to donate please contact Kristen Maxwell at email@example.com or Megan McDermott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Looking for a fun way to make a big impact in the fall? Want to pour into the future leaders of our community? Our relational and fun after-school tutoring and character development program, Leaders in Training, is currently looking for volunteers. Contact Megan at email@example.com if you are interested!
- We are rehabbing the house next door to our building, and are in need of residential appliances in good working order. Please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to donate an electric range/oven, dishwasher, washer, or electric dryer.
- Bhutanese Summer Party--Saturday, August 9 at 4:00 at Wyandotte County Lake Park, 91st and Leavenworth Road, Kansas City, KS 66109. After entering the park you'll come to a fork in the road; go left and continue to Shelter #6. Please bring a dish to share and stay for the awards and cultural presentation!
- Latino Summer Party--Sunday, August 10 at 5:00 at Wyandotte County Lake Park, 91st and Leavenworth Road, Kansas City, KS 66109. After entering the park you'll come to a fork in the road; go left and continue to Shelters #8 &10. Please note, these are different shelters than the large shelter where the party has been held in previous years. Dress casually and bring a dish to share, lawn chairs and/or a picnic blanket.