A Record Year and New Opportunities!
It's been a record year at Mission Adelante and the timing couldn't be any better! As we bring 2012 to a close, we're both praising God for His beautiful work among us, as well as praying for the strongest year-end we've ever had financially. Will you be a part of it with us? The fruit of seven years of serving in our neighborhood has translated into some exciting opportunities for 2013 that we're praying will impact our community in new ways for years to come. We invite every one of you to partner with us in whatever way you can as we press into these new challenges and opportunities! Give online and then share our online giving page with your friends. It's easy!
Coming soon in 2013...
|Three cultures, one community, a big celebration!|
Coming soon in 2013...
- Adelante Thrift: A neighborhood-based Thrift store that will provide jobs and a produce sustainable income to help fund other Community Development initiatives.
- Summer Internship: A ministry internship for emerging leaders among Latino Teens from our neighborhood.
- Foundations for a Medical Clinic: In 2013 we will be conducting focus groups in our community and forming a Board of Directors and a business plan for a Family Practice clinic in our neighborhood, which we hope to open in 2014.
- Multi-cultural Worship: On Christmas eve we will hold our first ever multi-cultural worship service in Spanish, English and Nepali. In 2013 we plan to experiment with more ideas to foster multi-cultural interactions and worship.
- Disciple-Making: The core of our mission and purpose will always be reproducing disciples of Jesus who can also make disciples.
This is a very exciting time to invest in what God is doing through Mission Adelante. As we prepare for these new opportunities and pray for our strongest financial year-end ever, we want to invite you to give, and give generously to be a part of changing individual lives and an entire community. Our year-end giving goal is $65,000. This goal includes $21,000 we need to raise to receive a "last in" grant to hire a Community Development Director! Here are a two ideas to help us get there!
- Give online and pass it on (click here)! We have a new online giving page that integrates our new video to share our story and makes online giving really easy. Spread the word by sharing our giving page on facebook!
- Give Stock (click here to learn more): When you give appreciated assets, your giving capacity goes further and your tax advantage could be greater. Mission Adelante partners closely with the National Christian Foundation to help donors establish "donor advised funds", an effective and tax-efficient vehicle for giving. With a donor advised fund you can give appreciated assets, such as stock, avoiding capital gains taxes. While no one knows how congress will resolve the "fiscal cliff", there has been talk of placing new limits on itemized deductions, which would impact deductions for charitable giving in future years. The president of the National Christian Foundation, Aimee Minnich, has given me permission to distribute her mobile phone number, (816) 853-4469, for anyone who would like to discuss giving stock or other assets through a donor advised fund.