Our Leaders in Training enjoyed an overnight trip to Great Wolf Lodge last weekend as a reward for working so hard this semester! Thank you to all of you that made it possible for the kids to experience the awesome rewards that hard work can yield! Here are a few photos of the fun we had.
- It's a fun time of year, as both the Latino and the Bhutanese ministries are preparing for Christmas parties and award events this weekend.
- Many of our immigrant friends are discovering the joys of American holiday traditions for the first time as they are welcomed to take part in family traditions by their American friends. It is really fun not only to learn about our immigrant friends' cultures, but also to share our own culture with them through things like turkeys and Christmas trees!
- Bhutanese ESL volunteers visited student homes during English class this week. We are thankful for the cross-cultural friendships that have formed this fall!
- Please continue to pray for health concerns in the Bhutanese community. There are many chronic conditions like diabetes and headaches as well as acute medical needs. Additionally, one of our students is recovering from bypass surgery this week.
- Pray for our kids to finish out the semester of school strong!
- Please pray for one of our Latino church members who is recovering from knee replacement surgery and will have challenging physical therapy.
- Ask God to open a door for immigration reform to be considered by Congress in January.
- The Resource center has an immediate need of 5 space heaters to help families in our community stay warm! If anyone can help please e-mail email@example.com
- Calling All Geeks: We are looking to build our very own “Adelante Geek Squad.” If you can de-bug a computer, install new hardware, or offer advice on technology upgrades, put your skills to work for the Kingdom and bask in our undying love and respect for your geekness. Contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the squad.