|The Leaders In Training Boys|
"The community is very excited about this new program and the potential that it brings the young people. We hope to see more kids learning the right things through the LIT program." says Ran Poudel (LIT father and community leader).
Kumar Pokrel (LIT father and community leader) says, "I'm very excited about this program and my child is learning a lot. He is becoming more cooperative and responsible and he is growing in character and learning to respect others more and more."
We believe that LIT is an incredibly significant investment and that the lives of these kids have so much capacity for positive influence with their peers. We are so excited to see these kids grow, excel and realize their full potential to impact their community, neighborhood and someday the world!
I cannot wait to watch this happen!
Future Leaders! "I am waiting for that day" - mother of LIT student
|Bhutanese and Latino LIT students at Union Station|
- The Bhutanese and Latino LIT (Leaders in Training) programs took their first joint field trip yesterday to Science City and Zonkers! Having earned the field trip as a reward for their hard work and demonstration of leadership, the students really enjoyed themselves!
- Bhutanese Teens Club is going very well after changing its format at the beginning of this trimester. Our time together now includes a contextualized worship time in Nepali, thanks to our new music volunteer Janga Chhetri, that the students love!
- We celebrated our ministry to Cuba as a congregation this past Sunday at our Latino church service. Yanelis, the leader of the Raices discipling ministry in Cuba, is in Kansas City for a few weeks. She shared testimony of how God is at work there. It gave us a wonderful opportunity to praise him together, and for our community to see their prayers at work.
- Teens Adelante has formed a Teen Leadership Team of 5 Latino teenagers committed to growing in their leadership and their love for their peers. We’re excited to see the teens begin to shape the direction of youth ministry in KCK.
- Please pray for the new Teens Adelante Leadership Team and their spiritual growth and vision for their peers.
- Please pray for a pre-adolescent boy in our community who is falling into destructive behaviors and patterns. Ask the Lord to supply wisdom and patience to his family.
- Pray daily for meetings, meals, and celebrations taking place among our Latino community that represent discipleship. Ask God to give teachable moment this very day to us and our disciples.
- We know you have them!! Used I-Pods and Cell phones by October 18 for the RAICES ministry in Cuba! Please contact Jarrett Meek at email@example.com
- The weather has changed! We are in need of cold-weather clothing for the whole family to stock our resource center. The resource center is also low on household items such as pots and pans, dishes and cups, small and large appliances, etcetera. Please contact Molly Merrick at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to drop-off your donation. Please help us out by not leaving donations inside or outside our facility. Thanks!
- Tuesdays, October 16 & 23/Thursdays, October 18 & 25: Ever wondered what goes on here on a typical evening of programming? Come on up on a observation night and find out! Tuesday evenings are Bhutanese outreach, Thursday evenings are Latino outreach. Come to 22 S. 18th Street, Kansas City, KS 66102 between 6:30 and 8:30.
- Saturday, November 17, 3-6:30 p.m.: Mission Adelante Staff House Parties
- Jarrett & Kristen Meek, Molly Merrick: 251 N. 15th Street
- Jason & Megan Schoff, Megan McDermott: 410 N. 15th Street
- David & Brooke Coon: 245 N. 17th Street
- David & Holly Stetler, Drew Hammond: 438 N. 17th Street
- Drew & Lauren Timberlake, Kristen Maxwell: 706 N. 17th Street
- Garett & Jenny Dunn, Hannah Hume: 335 N. 15th Street
All homes are in Kansas City, KS 66102. RSVP is not necessary.