This week's news:
- Meeting in our house churches is the highlight of the week for many of our staff members. One Bhutanese and three Latino house churches meet weekly, and we continue to rejoice as we see the Lord awakening more of our immigrant friends to pursue Him. We also rejoice in the believers' maturing in faith.
- We want to express a big "Thank You!" to the thirty middle-schoolers, high-schoolers, and staff from Christ Church Anglican that came up to KCK to lead an outreach Summer Kids' Camp three evenings last week. Record numbers of neighborhood kids turned out for it.
- We're into our second week of Kids' Summer Camp this week, led by a team of about 25 from Shoal Creek Community Church. The kids have really enjoyed their creative presentation of lessons, and crafts that have affirmed the great value that the Lord has for children.
- Thank you, Joy Shiner and Gayla Benson for providing the Action Bibles we needed for our Bhutanese Children's Outreach! These Bibles are particularly engaging for the fourth- to sixth-grade boys with whom we use them.
- Please continue to pray for healing Lauren Timberlake as she recovers from eye surgery and a broken foot. Her doctors are pleased with her progress, but the recovery process is long.
- Pray for the evening Kids' Camps going on this week and next week here at Mission Adelante. Pray for the kids to have fun, be safe, and most of all to see the Lord more clearly through the activities.
- Lift the Board of Directors in prayer as they have a meeting this Sunday to continue planning for the future of Mission Adelante. Ask God to grant them wisdom and direction, that their decisions would bring Him greater glory.
- Thank you, everyone who has donated items to our Resource Center, which distributes clothing, household goods, and food to immigrants in need. If you have items to donate, please contact Molly at 913-281-6274 x5 in advance to schedule a time to make the drop-off. Calling ahead will help us tremendously to keep things orderly around here!
- Paper grocery sacks for resource distribution in our Resource Center. Why not request, "Paper, please" the next time you go to the store, and bring them up with you the next time you come to the neighborhood? Please contact Molly Merrick at 913-281-6274 x5 to tell her when you'll be bringing some.
- Wireless Internet-capable laptops for use by our Leaders In Training.
- Kids flip-flops of various sizes in neutral colors. Please contact Kristen Maxwell at email@example.com.
- Monetary contributions to offset the cost of replacing four laptops that were stolen from our building during a break-in the weekend before last. (We've already purchased replacements.) Contributions may be mailed to Mission Adelante, 22 S. 18th Street, Kansas City, KS 66102, and "laptop replacement" indicated in the memo line.
- Saturday, June 30, 9:00-12:00 Adelante Missions Institute Seminar at Mission Adelante featuring Noel Castellanos, CEO of Christian Community Development Association. There is a cost of $10 per person, which includes a continental breakfast. Register here.
- Week of July 2 Summer break; no programs
- July 17, 19, 24, 26, 31, August 2 Observation nights. Ever wondered what goes on here on a typical evening of programming? Come on up on a observation night and find out! Tuesday evenings are Bhutanese outreach, Thursday evenings are Latino outreach. Come to 22 S. 18th Street, Kansas City, KS 66102.