Written by David Stetler
The Bhutanese Outreach Pilot Project's first trimester culminated on Saturday with the Spring Party as we celebrated the last 12 weeks. We shared a meal, sang and danced Nepali style, honored the community and lastly, we shared the transforming reality of the life and teachings of Jesus through the parable of the Good Samaritan.
In January the project was launched and since then, it has been such an adventure. Our Kids' Club has proven to be a place of belonging for the Bhutanese 5 to 12 year-olds. They have grown in their respect for others and their knowledge of God. The students in our adult English class have deepened their sense of confidence in their ability to speak and understand English. And lastly, the friendships that have developed through the outreach go beyond our programs and into the lives and homes of the Bhutanese where we get to share the love of Jesus in relationship through both word and deed.
We look forward to the Summer session as we continue to serve, share life and encourage the Bhutanese community here in KCK. Check out the video below...
- We're looking for more volunteers for adults and kids programs in both the Hispanic and Bhutanese outreaches. There are opportunities on weekday mornings, afternoons, and evenings, and you can come on board in early June or mid September. If you want to find out how you could make an eternal impact through Mission Adelante, please e-mail Morgan and let her know your area of interest and availability!
- Many of you know Seth & Andrea Sears and family, who've just completed their first year of missionary life in Costa Rica. Andrea is traveling back to Kansas City today for about a week and a half, following the passing of her grandmother. Please pray for Andrea, for safe travels, and her time with her family, that she'd be comforted and a comfort to her family. Also, pray for Seth and the children during the absence of their wife/mother.
- The team of twelve will depart a week from Friday for the short-term Missions Trip to Costa Rica. Please pray for the logistics of their travels, for their safety and health, and for their effectiveness in ministry while there.
- Dining room chairs to help furnish the homes of newly-arrived Bhutanese families. Any quantities of chairs, matching or not, would be appreciated.
- Toothpaste, dishes, and cooking pans for distribution through the Resource Center.