Mission Adelante invites you to consider serving as a volunteer in our ministry. Whether your passion is kids, adults, or meeting physical needs, we have a place for you to connect. You are invited to come to our Volunteer Orientation and Training Seminar on Saturday, May 24th at 9:00 a.m. to learn more about how you can be involved in cross-cultural missions in our own city. Please respond to Morgan Ham to RSVP or get more information. Or, visit our website to check out our volunteer opportunities.
In other news:
- Twenty volunteers from Christ Community Church spent six hours working on our facility on Saturday. We're grateful for their help!
- Jason Schoff preached his first message to the Mission Adelante community at the worship celebration on Sunday evening. He spoke on the topic of fasting.
- Molly Merrick is the second individual to jump on board for the summer internship. She and Megan McDermott will live here in the neighborhood and work with us from May 31 to August 10. Please pray for God's provision of necessary funds, as Molly is sending her fundraising letters this week.
- Please intercede for M & V, who have been a part of the Mission Adelante community for a year and a half. Crisis in their marriage is causing them to isolate themselves from the community, as well as causing them great personal distress.
- Room dividers or cubicle walls
- Portable soccer goals
- Tutors for an after-school program to begin this fall. If you're interested, contact Jarrett
Important upcoming dates:
- Saturday, May 24 @ 9:00 a.m.: Volunteer Orientation & Training
If you're interested in volunteering with us in the future, or if you're a current volunteer who's never had the opportunity to come to the Orientation & Training, please plan to attend! You'll get an overview of the various ministries of Mission Adelante, as well as information specific to the area that is of most interest to you.
- June 5: Summer ESL classes and Kids Adelante begin